Sunday, January 25, 2009

Internet Radio is not 'The Future'

http://www.shortlink.in/?39e6r

"We aren't really particularly interested in 'internet only' radios – radios which are only there for streaming – because we still see that as relatively niche the foreseeable future," Pure's marketing director, Colin Crawford told TechRadar.

I couldn't disagree more with the statement above, but obviously Colin is talking specifically about the UK market.... In the U.S., the sky is the limit for this nascent category and I think 2009 is the year Internet Radios (tethered and protable) get legs!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been in broadcasting since the 60s, from AM to FM to the net since 2000. Unlike terrestrial which is an on-the-go medium, my 250,000 worldwide net listeners tune in at mostly at work and listen an avg. 40+ hours weekly. I never reached that type of TLH, audience dedication, or geographic reach before the net. (I broadcast extremely high quality classical, totally ad-free both for free and subscription. The future works for me!