Below are my favorite quotes fom copyright/technology attorney Bob Schwartz cross posted from Public Knowledge's Gigi Sohn.
- "It is simply wrong for the government to freeze innovation by banning new technologies and features that are desired by consumers."
- "The RIAA is already being well compensated by the satellite radio industry. XM and Sirius already pay the record labels tens of millions of dollars in performance royalties. In addition, under the Audio Home Recording Act of 1992 ("AHRA") satellite radio pays the record labels up to $8 for every digital radio recorder sold. RIAA's demand to be paid a third time reflects either greed or their simple desire to shut down a new technology."
- "It bans the sort of private, noncommercial time-shifting that Americans have engaged in for decades."
- "This bill is nothing more than the recording industry using Congress to gain leverage in private negotiations."
- "The PERFORM ACT harms American consumers, the technology industry, and private, noncommercial recording rights."
Read the whole 8 pages HERE...