Tuesday, October 18, 2005

What Is SUPERDISTRIBUTION And How Does it Relate To Music?

I wrote a short Superdistribution article about a year ago for my eNewsletter, The Beals Media Update, because it seemed to be a growing buzz word and I wanted to learn more about the concept. Since then, the term has become pretty ubiquitous and I was recently delighted to find out that the article was used as a reference in a formal DRM paper written by Markus Auckenthaler, Lehrstuhl f¨ur Datenverarbeitung - Technische Universit¨at M¨unchen.

I'm assuming the parent 69 page document is a German University research paper on DRM, but I'm not sure since I don't read German :) Anyway, here's a link to my 3 page PDF article in English and here's a link to the Geman one... (It's interesting to note that this was the same newsletter issue that The Berkman Center for Internet and Society at Harvard Law School linked to last year...)

No comments: